CHUD.com Community › Forums › ARTS & LITERATURE › Stand-Up Comedy › Dan Nainan, The 55-Year Old Millennial
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dan Nainan, The 55-Year Old Millennial

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/05/the-media-s-favorite-millennial-is-a-55-year-old-comedian.html

 

I had heard about this jackass before, how he would keep track of every comic he didn't like and then mass email them updates on all of the successful gigs he was having. I didn't know that he was 20 years older than he claimed. This guy is several kinds of terrible.

post #2 of 18

Isn't this the guy who lied about watching the towers go down on September 11th?

post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
 

Isn't this the guy who lied about watching the towers go down on September 11th?

I think you're thinking of Stephen Rannazzisi from The League.  Unless being a comedian lying about being at the WTC during 9/11 is the new "thing to do".

post #4 of 18

Apparently it is, since the article recounts a very similar lie this guy told about witnessing 9/11 and quitting his job to pursue show business.

post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 

Nainan lied about it as well. I was thinking Ranazissi said he was in one of the towers?

post #6 of 18

He did.  His explanation seems to be that it was an anecdote about quitting corporate life to go into comedy that got exaggerated to the point where he no longer knew how to backtrack it.  Which I can almost see, if I squint.  In any case I never got the sense that it was a story he dined out on to get attention from the press, as Nainan's bizarre history indicates.  Maybe I'm wrong, I never paid too much attention to it. 

post #7 of 18
Didn't we all watch the towers go down on 9/11?
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
 

He did.  His explanation seems to be that it was an anecdote about quitting corporate life to go into comedy that got exaggerated to the point where he no longer knew how to backtrack it.  Which I can almost see, if I squint.  In any case I never got the sense that it was a story he dined out on to get attention from the press, as Nainan's bizarre history indicates.  Maybe I'm wrong, I never paid too much attention to it. 

Such an odd thing to lie about. I remember he lost his gig doing Buffalo Wild Wings commercials, leading to this joke on Twitter:

Quote:
Bryan Miller ‏@bmillercomedy  
Buffalo Wild Wings commercial: Steve Rannazzisi pulls secret lever behind bar, prevents 9/11, sends the 90s into overtime.

However, despite Rannazzissi's weird lying, Nainan takes the cake. Since originally posting this thread, he worked the inauguration, because . . . of course.

post #9 of 18
I was in one of the planes on 9/11. After that, I decided to move to L.A. and pursue failure.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

I was in one of the planes on 9/11. After that, I decided to move to L.A. and pursue failure crash and burn privately.

 

Punched That Up For You.

post #11 of 18
I was the first person to jokingly say, "Too soon."
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Didn't we all watch the towers go down on 9/11?

 

No, because some of us weren't even present in the U.S. at the time.

I was trading Japanese Yen against USD, and wondering WTF was going on with the huge fluctuations in the currencies.

Eventually my mrs. came in & told me to come look at what was happening.

 

Ironically I had a job interview the next day in one of the tallest towers in Thailand.

No, I didn't get the job.

 

Besides, the dude in question was talking about seeing it with his own eyes right in front of him, not on a TV screen.

post #13 of 18
Oh, good. Another poster who doesn't get humor.
post #14 of 18
They're piling in nowadays. There'll be a brief honeymoon period and then the "have you heard about the Red Pill?" PM's will start.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Oh, good. Another poster who doesn't get humor.



Humor is subjective & you need to up your game.

Joking about September 11th is not funny.

post #16 of 18
The joke was more about the dumb and easily disproven 9/11 survivor stories made by comedians, but again, I guess it's all subjective. And also not funny. Despite being subjective.
post #17 of 18

Try adding emoticons when you think you're being funny :D

post #18 of 18
I'm emojionally unavailable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Stand-Up Comedy
CHUD.com Community › Forums › ARTS & LITERATURE › Stand-Up Comedy › Dan Nainan, The 55-Year Old Millennial