CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Trumpocalypse Now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trumpocalypse Now - Page 145

post #7201 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynis View Post

Sometimes you don't even have to create a comic.

Like just now. The WH Press Secretary shared an Onion article about himself, agreeing with it:



Could this administration be any more of a mess?

It's still up too. Maybe he's crying out for help via Twitter.
post #7202 of 9924

I don't know where Everett's been for the past 8 years (longer, really), but Trump and Bannon are so clearly a result of the GOP's prejudice based obstruction and oppression tactics and reliance on false narratives that I think you'd have to be mad to "respectfully disagree" with the notion.

post #7203 of 9924
I won't be surprised to see an attack on American interests relatively soon, blamed on one of countries listed yesterday's EO.

Then the show really begins.
post #7204 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post
 

I don't know where Everett's been for the past 8 years (longer, really), but Trump and Bannon are so clearly a result of the GOP's prejudice based obstruction and oppression tactics and reliance on false narratives that I think you'd have to be mad to "respectfully disagree" with the notion.

 

There hasn't been this kind of mass protest to a GOP leader since at least Nixon, and it hasn't even been two weeks.  The GOP used the tactics you described, but they put some effort into doing it effectively.  Leading people takes planning and collaboration - say what you want about the GOP the last eight years, but they preferred to use a chisel instead of a sledge hammer, and they consolidated power instead of just exercising it.  Saying Trump and Bannon are an extension of the GOP is like saying Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones making Thriller was an extension of shitty disco music.  This is a totally new thing that will never be repeated - if you guys want to lump in the rest of the GOP with it that's fine, but I don't.

post #7205 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendellEverett View Post
 

 

There hasn't been this kind of mass protest to a GOP leader since at least Nixon, and it hasn't even been two weeks.  The GOP used the tactics you described, but they put some effort into doing it effectively.  Leading people takes planning and collaboration - say what you want about the GOP the last eight years, but they preferred to use a chisel instead of a sledge hammer, and they consolidated power instead of just exercising it.  Saying Trump and Bannon are an extension of the GOP is like saying Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones making Thriller was an extension of shitty disco music.  This is a totally new thing that will never be repeated - if you guys want to lump in the rest of the GOP with it that's fine, but I don't.

 

Assaulting the underpinnings of democracy is all fun and games until its not.

post #7206 of 9924
John McCain is going to keep stockpiling ammo to destroy Trump until he passes away in his sleep with his fiery "enough is enough!" email to Paul Ryan still sitting in his unsent drafts folder.
post #7207 of 9924

Trump decided to attack McCain and Graham this afternoon on his Twitter.

 

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/825823796636565504

post #7208 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post

If Trump gets impeached and Pence takes his place.....will it be any better or still just as fucked up?

Pence wouldn't keep Bannon, so much, much better.
post #7209 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Olmos View Post


Pence wouldn't keep Bannon, so much, much better.

post #7210 of 9924
I mean, I wouldn't trust Pence as far as I could kick him after he threw in behind this fucker. But still, he's not actually a clinical lunatic and '80s cartoon villain, so there's that.
post #7211 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post
 

Trump decided to attack McCain and Graham this afternoon on his Twitter.

 

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/825823796636565504

 

Of course he did. How dare they interrupt his Finding Dory viewing party!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

I mean, I wouldn't trust Pence as far as I could kick him after he threw in behind this fucker. But still, he's not actually a clinical lunatic and '80s cartoon villain, so there's that.

 

Yeah, Pence is a different kind of slimeball than Trump so I wouldn't expect much from him.

post #7212 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post
 

If Trump gets impeached and Pence takes his place.....will it be any better or still just as fucked up?

 

Still fucked up, but not THIS fucked up.  More like "business as usual for the GOP fucked up" as opposed to "possible end of the United States/World as we know it" fucked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendellEverett View Post
 

It will be interesting to watch the Betsy DeVos confirmation.  There will be zero votes from Senate Dems and then there's McCain, Graham, and Susan Collins ... or any rando GOP Senator could throw a monkey wrench.  A LOT of parents groups lobby for Federal protection for kids with disabilities in schools - white, Christian, middle class parents.  I'll be shocked if Devos gets 52 votes.

 

Even if McCain doesn't play his card on DeVos, he's just sitting on his hands until Trump screws up a foreign military operation - once that happens McCain and Rand Paul will pounce.  If you read McCain's press releases, he's seething.  Watch McCain closely, because he's gathering assets to destroy Trump, and he's doing it in broad daylight.

 

Yeah in case you don't remember, your prognostication record for the fall of Trump is complete shit, so forgive me if I take your statement with a Mt. Everest of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
 

Or what he said.

 

At this point, I'm taking up the reverse psychology approach:  Every prediction has turned out to be wrong, so I'm predicting eight years of unchecked authoritarian rule that will destroy the United States forever, and then a hereditary passing of the torch to Jared Kushner (elections having been removed from the process by then).  So hopefully this prediction holds true to the pattern and turns out wrong as well.

post #7213 of 9924

Well, this was fun.

 

I'll retreat to my wonderful family and rewarding job.

post #7214 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoken View Post


And yet he keeps showing up in Family Guy, whose creator is sooo anti GOP.
Hypocrites everywhere.

Also, Trump and his presidency bring me recurring nightmares of Chilean history...



Just picture the White House in that picture and you have one hell of a worst case scenario.

 

September 11th, 1973.

post #7215 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendellEverett View Post
 

Well, this was fun.

 

I'll retreat to my wonderful family and rewarding job.

 

And here I was looking forward to watching you leap from GOP legislator to GOP legislator as your next great "for sure this time" giantslayer hope for the next four to eight years.

 

 

 

post #7216 of 9924

Anyhoo, I'm willing to mark Trump's reference to WWIII as a figure of speech, but when you're in his position, you absolutely do not play loose with words like that. The fact that he doesn't understand this should be enough on top of all this other nonsense to give this country the runs.

post #7217 of 9924
Here's his "clarification" on the ban: Basically it's Obama's fault, i just implemented it. Also totally not a Muslim ban m'okay.

https://m.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10158567643610725
post #7218 of 9924

When he dies I hope someone sprays WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE on his solid gold headstone.

post #7219 of 9924
post #7220 of 9924
The amazing thing is that I bet this chaps his ass way more than the actual attempts to block his orders do. Look for "alternative ratings" in a week or two.
post #7221 of 9924
Those numbers are perfect for all of the invertebrate Republicans who are looking to scumfuck their way out of this disaster. I want as many as possible to throw Trump under the bus only to in turn get railed by Democratic and/or Independent challengers in 2018. That's the dream.
post #7222 of 9924

I just called and left a message for my Rep Tim Murphy to oppose Trump's Muslim ban. Friday I left a message that I want him to oppose Trump's wall.

post #7223 of 9924

And all this shit is happening in his first two weeks in office. Think you can survive 4 years?

post #7224 of 9924
That's a question you ask when you haven't read the thread.
post #7225 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
 

 

And here I was looking forward to watching you leap from GOP legislator to GOP legislator as your next great "for sure this time" giantslayer hope for the next four to eight years.

 

 

It's the same dudes as before, they just have more and more collateral because Trump is doing a shitty job.  Trump sure is gonna wish he had McCain's and Graham's vote at his trial.  These are the same guys he feuded with last year, and he's doing it now, and so on.  He's feuding with people in his own party, and he's throwing out that stupid "WW3" bone as a shot out to Russia.  McCain is almost certainly compiling a Russian dossier against Trump right now - I bet you he walks it over to Chuck Schumer's office personally and they have a big fucking laugh.

 

I guess your argument is that Trump's behavior as POTUS is sustainable?  He only won the election because he cheated, and he's doing a miserable job so far.  In future history books, the Trump Presidency will be three pages long, with the first section titled, "Trump rushes executive orders, makes enemies in GOP as America protests."

post #7226 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post
 

When he dies I hope someone sprays WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE on his solid gold headstone.

 

That's absolutely the best thing that will happen to his headstone.

post #7227 of 9924
I sent letters to my Representative and to Senator McCain today. Not a fan of the man, but the enemy of my enemy.
post #7228 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post

I sent letters to my Representative and to Senator McCain today. Not a fan of the man, but the enemy of my enemy.


​... can still also be your enemy.

post #7229 of 9924

Apparently Trump is going to announce his Supreme Court pick as early as tomorrow. I'm putting all my money on the most conservative one (i.e. religious/woman hating) one.

post #7230 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

September 11th, 1973.

Yep, but the elements that led to it (fringe presidentes elected by a technicality, political mess, extremism, divisions in parties and military) were similar to the current situation, and regardless of outcome, the ramifications will be felt for centuries
post #7231 of 9924
post #7232 of 9924

For all the crimes that people alleged Hillary to have during the campaign, and decided to vote Trump or another candidate, I hope they realize that, directly or indirectly, they were responsible for the ascension of this mad man to become POTUS. 

post #7233 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post
 

Apparently Trump is going to announce his Supreme Court pick as early as tomorrow. I'm putting all my money on the most conservative one (i.e. religious/woman hating) one.

 

Rudy Guiliani? 

 

That will be a nightmare.

post #7234 of 9924

Trump is pushing back today, arguing that the ban on issuing new visas will be lifted as soon as new security measures are implemented. Perhaps he could outline how he thinks the current security measures are lacking, and how his administration proposes to improve on them?

post #7235 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Senior View Post

Perhaps he could outline how he thinks the current security measures are lacking, and how his administration proposes to improve on them?

He'll sign an executive order to have a plan ready for that in 30 days.
post #7236 of 9924

Oh wow, Donald Trump is hesitant to admit he's wrong? I've never been so shocked. 

 

We can't stop for a day. The fight against this idiot must never stop.

post #7237 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post
 

Apparently Trump is going to announce his Supreme Court pick as early as tomorrow. I'm putting all my money on the most conservative one (i.e. religious/woman hating) one.

 

As soon as the invariably proto-human is announced, everyone needs to urge their representatives to filibuster them until 2020.

post #7238 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post

Apparently Trump is going to announce his Supreme Court pick as early as tomorrow. I'm putting all my money on the most conservative one (i.e. religious/woman hating) one.

Look for another Harriet Miers - some comically underqualified ambulance chaser who's worked for Trump personally, and who will get laughed out of the confirmation hearing. Probably somebody with mob ties, from Trump's construction dealings.
post #7239 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post
 

When he dies I hope someone sprays WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE on his solid gold headstone.

 

Can we get Brad Pitt to carve a "T" on his forehead before that?

post #7240 of 9924
Here's good old Rudy mansplaining the situation. Yep....that made it whole lotta better.

He's a real smug blabbermouth ain't he? Maybe he could tell us if they perform chicken sacrifices in the WH to appease Darth Bannon.
post #7241 of 9924

Anyone else think the SC announcement was moved up to take some attention away from the immigration EO? This kind of move is classic Trump.

post #7242 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post
 

Apparently Trump is going to announce his an actual freaking nazi's Supreme Court pick as early as tomorrow. I'm putting all my money on the most conservative one (i.e. religious/woman hating) one.

 

Fixed

post #7243 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendellEverett View Post
 

 

It's the same dudes as before, they just have more and more collateral because Trump is doing a shitty job.  Trump sure is gonna wish he had McCain's and Graham's vote at his trial.  These are the same guys he feuded with last year, and he's doing it now, and so on.  He's feuding with people in his own party, and he's throwing out that stupid "WW3" bone as a shot out to Russia.  McCain is almost certainly compiling a Russian dossier against Trump right now - I bet you he walks it over to Chuck Schumer's office personally and they have a big fucking laugh.

 

I guess your argument is that Trump's behavior as POTUS is sustainable?  He only won the election because he cheated, and he's doing a miserable job so far.  In future history books, the Trump Presidency will be three pages long, with the first section titled, "Trump rushes executive orders, makes enemies in GOP as America protests."

 

I'm not making any argument beyond the fact that you've been 100 percent wrong every single time you've predicted Trump's doom, and that it's laughable how many times you'll move your own goalposts to try to cling to futile hopes of a white knight coming to the nation's rescue, despite every single point of evidence we have so far pointing to the fact that when the rubber meets the road (when it's time to vote), the GOP members will cave to Trump. Every. Single. Time.

 

No, the GOP is incompetent and spineless, and even McCain and Graham talk up a good game but as far as tangible action don't do shit.

 

Besides, McCain could gather all the "evidence" he wants, and it's useless unless they can get the votes in the House for impeachment, and that's not happening anytime soon, if ever, while there is a Republican majority.  Even leaking it all to the media will accomplish exactly zip, as we've already seen.

 

Tomorrow or Tuesday Trump will release the name of his Supreme Court nominee and all the furor over the immigration ban will evaporate as the media shifts to cover the Supreme Court pick instead.  By the end of the week, Trump will do something else controversial while his SC pick goes on to be quietly approved.  Trump can have the lowest approval ratings in history and it won't matter one iota, because he doesn't give his opponents enough time to focus on defeating any specific thing he does before he moves on to the next.

post #7244 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
 

 

Fixed


I think we should just start referring to President Bannon in this thread instead of Drumpf.

post #7245 of 9924
The media should start doing that too. Slip of the tongue to say "President Bannon"

See how it affects Trump.
post #7246 of 9924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post


I think we should just start referring to President Bannon in this thread instead of Drumpf.

That'd be one way to get rid of him. Just have the media start praising Trump's move but giving Bannon all the credit.
post #7247 of 9924
NOOJ!
post #7248 of 9924
I am always watching
post #7249 of 9924

watching you masturbate :(

post #7250 of 9924

seen on the web....

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Political Discourse
CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Trumpocalypse Now