CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Post-Release
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Post-Release - Page 24

post #1151 of 1171
Thread Starter 
Gaaaawd, this is one of those "gotta have last word" things and it's pathetic. Stop defending your honor because no one here valued it in the first place.
post #1152 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post

The good thing about X-Men movies is they're designed for large ensembles. Most of the character arcs are tied into the powers, whether or not they can learn to control or accept them.

And questions of good and evil are complicated by genetic destiny. Is it wrong for the runner to run as fast as he can? And is it wrong for a mutant to be themselves even if that means shooting laser beams from their eyes?

So Apocalypse at the very least manages to give every single character something to do.
most of the cast are literal stand ins taking up time until the final battle. What arcs? Minus the wholly trinity of xavier, magneto and mystique? This is not a movie filled with great arcs not is it a stunning example of ensemble. Jean grae in particular is just rushed because phoenix saga! No need to let the character development first.

Man I wish I get could a get x men movie that actually cares about its team and develops them as such like first class with exciting actions scenes like the opening bit of future pass or multiple scenes in x2.

I use to will myself into excitement for x men movies because I love the property so much but it's basically become like watching a damn Thor movie for me. In the moment it seems cool but it all falls apart as soon as credits role. Sometimes during the watch. But, that's the problem with many comic book films. At least it allows me to better appreciate the ones I do love much more.
post #1153 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynis View Post

Gaaaawd, this is one of those "gotta have last word" things and it's pathetic. Stop defending your honor because no one here valued it in the first place.
well fuck you. That's tats the last word from me. I'll make sure to keep my thoughts to myself unless someone asks for it. That's how comments sections work. My bad.
post #1154 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racj82 View Post

of course, I was talking about the length of the post not the fact that it's actually being talked about but your joke doesn't work unless you twist what I'm saying so by all means, go ahead.
Dude, lighten up. Don't take it all so shneriously..
post #1155 of 1171
Thread Starter 
Oh no come back please
post #1156 of 1171

Dude... what happened here? lol

post #1157 of 1171
Fuddy duddies happened.
post #1158 of 1171

hashtag bloodbath

post #1159 of 1171
Thread Starter 
I think I was too harsh. I didn't think he was truly sensitive and now I feel bad.

Sorry, Rac. No one has a problem with you voicing your opinions here. We may even enjoy them from time to time. You are welcome.
post #1160 of 1171
Man y'all know me well enough to know that I had zero intention of offending or being an ass to ANYONE.

Racj82, dude...I wasn't calling you out or anything of the sort. Have a coke and a smile and get back in here and talk shit to us smile.gif jeez louise..
post #1161 of 1171
everyone just kiss now
post #1162 of 1171
I'll kiss YOU

C'mere Noojy!
post #1163 of 1171
lick
lick
lick
post #1164 of 1171

This thread keeps getting worse all the time!

 

post #1165 of 1171

God damn it! This is just what Purple Guy wants!

post #1166 of 1171
SYSTEMMMMZZZZZZZ!!!!
post #1167 of 1171

Racj82, you are wrong. It's as simple as that.

 

Fraid asked me to really tackle this movie, so I did. You butted in. 

 

You need to apologize, or stop fucking butting into our business.

post #1168 of 1171
Bart don't be that harsh to him. I didn't feel butted into. We got what we want. I'm glad (really glad!) you liked the movie.

I just want the dude to know there was never any like....actual anger towards him.

..and just speaking for myself...I don't need any sort of apology..
post #1169 of 1171
All right. Rac, you're cool. Sorry I lashed out.

I write long posts. Bradito mocks me for it constantly.
post #1170 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaaaaaaalt View Post
 

God damn it! This is just what Purple Guy wants!

 


Which one?

post #1171 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stockslivevan View Post


Not correct. Aside from having a few ideas of what he wanted to do, he never actually got to work on X3. When WB offered him Supes in 2004 he took it, as Fox was not giving him a green light to work on an X-Men project anyway. It was Matthew Vaughn that came in and did a lot of the work on that film only to abandon it two weeks before shooting, thus Ratner came in at the last minute. You could say X3 is as much Vaughn's fault.

filmnerdjamie likely has more details on what exactly went down with X3.


​That's mostly accurate, except that Bryan Singer actually quit X3 to work on Superman Returns and that's when Matthew Vaughn came in. Singer has genuinely regretted the decision for years without a doubt, actually recall running into him once when I was out with friends drinking back in 06', and he was (albeit drunk himself) really humble and straight about the fact he regretted that decision.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Focused Film Discussion
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Post-Release